My friends and I were out at a sheesha bar last night in celebration of a birthday, enjoying the much awaited 20 degrees weather on a cozy patio, minding our business and out of nowhere, there was wind! If you share the city with me, you probably know how chilly Toronto nights can be, even in May. I was regretting not keeping my fur vest in handy, just for such occasions. Its comfy and such a classic way to look chic!
And so here are my reasons of why to invest in a fur vest living in Toronto:
1. A fur vest can keep you warm all year round.
2. It is long-lasting especially if you find a vest in basic black – invest in it once and forget about getting another one for years!
3. The perfect transitional piece – works well from daytime to dinner. It can be your best friend if you have a busy 12 hour day ahead.
4. Elevates the look of a simple outfit -weather you’re in sneakers or high heels, it goes well either ways!
5. Makes layering very easy. I love this Holt Renfrew fur vest for its length. It covers the flaws I don’t want anyone to know exist.
Flares are all the rage this season, so I made sure to grab these gorgeous pants from Zara when I saw them. I love how volumous they are and paired with the right heels, you can make sure to check that “long legs” box! The soft grey top from Club Monaco (ON SALE) gave me the all flare look I was going for. If you’re a fan of contrast like me but don’t want too many colours in the mix, think about what you could do with your accessories. These burgandy heels from Burberry for instance, add some pop to my look but still retain the semi-formal feel in my outfit.
I would love to hear what you guys want to see more of. Leave a comment below and I promise to do my best.
Top: Club Monaco | Pants: Zara | Bag & Shoes: Burberry | Watch: Movado
OWN IT. FLAUNT IT.
P.S: Are you guys updated on my fashion read lately on my Instagram? Loving this book by a very successful fashion illustrator and blogger – Garance Dore
SHOP MY LOOK
Absolutely love your fashion sense!